Filed under News

2018 Track Season

2018´s GRMS track season has come to an end. It was a really good season with many PR´s and accomplishments. The coaches of this year’s track team were amazing. The coaches were: Mrs. Baldwin who is the main coach, Mrs. Mathes as the girls 7th and 8th grade coach, Mr. Parrish was the boys 7th and 8th grade coach, and Mr. Neiwert and Mr.Schearer as the 6th grade coaches. March 23rd was the last practice which was only an obstacle, and everyone got popsicles, it was a great way to end the season.

All in all, the track team did really well, in my opinion this year. Their first track meet was against Dexter McCarty, and GRMS won! The second track meet was against Floyd Light and Estacada and again GRMS won with Floyd light in second and Estacada came in third. The third track meet GRMS won against Walt Morey. The fourth track meet was against Centennial MS and their track team doesn’t have a 6th grade team, so if we don’t count the 6th graders we lost. The fifth track meet was against H.B. Lee, Hood River, and Reynolds MS which the scores were not posted. 6th Grade Championships was against Orient-Damascus, Clear Creek, and Dexter McCarty. Orient-Damascus was first, second was Dexter McCarty, third was GRMS,and fourth was Clear Creek. Qualifiers for 7th and 8th graders was against Clear Creek, which GRMS won. 7th and 8th grade Mt.Hood Championships which was against 15 schools in the Mt.Hood area, in which GRMS came in 5th. Great job!

I had fun and I am pretty sure other people did too, this was a great season. Many people trying new things, meeting new people and pushing themselves to accomplish more than they can is an amazing sight to see. You can definitely count on many people doing track again next year.