Filed under Advertising

The Top Game of 2017, Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Take a peak into the world of Hyrule in a new way.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Being a five star game, as well as voted the game of the year, 2017, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, by Nintendo has become very popular over the time of its release. With a total of over 7 million copies sold world wide in just a year, must say something about the game. This surprisingly realistic game has found its way to being my favorite game and has got me excited for what new games will be coming in the years to follow.

You start off the game as Link, the main character, to find his country, Hyrule, in ruins with little survivors, and in the grasp of the beast, Calamity Ganon. Link is tasked to regain the power of the four Divine Beasts, Vah Ruta, Vah Medoh, Vah Rudania, and Vah Naboris, created by the Sheika Tribe 10,000 years ago, as well as regaining Link’s memories by visiting different sites around the map from 100 years ago, and a few optional side quests to help Link along the way. Each task is filled with confusing puzzles, enemies to defeat, and treasures that will be found useful in your journey. You are to save Princess Zelda from Calamity Ganon, who has resided in Hyrule Castle for the past 100 years, fighting Calamity Ganon and waiting for her hero’s help.   

I am guilty of spending $80 on this game because of how amazing it is. The actual game is only $60, but the DLC, or downloadable content, is $20 which is worth the money. The DLC includes a bunch of new armor as well as a new quest. The high price is definitely worth it with the incredible graphics and minimum flaws. The game’s original release date was in 2015 for the Wii U, but was delayed for 2016 for a few errors, and then once again delayed for 2017 to be released for the Wii U as well as for the Nintendo Switch.

This game is straight up amazing. It’s so realistic that it even gets down to literally surviving on your own, you are literally collecting your own food, staying warm enough in cold weather,  and even looking for weapons and clothing to protect yourself from the monsters in the wild. This game is considered the most customizable game in the Zelda Franchise. For example, you are not given the classic green hat and tunic, you are given a pair of used pants as well as a worn out shirt just to cover you up. It is your job to find better clothes to wear. I personally love games like this one because I can do what I want to do however way I want. For example, I can play the main story, or I can just go with how I want to play it. It’s like a Choose Your Own Adventure book.

This game is definitely worth the $60. In general it is a very beautiful game with little flaws or lag. Zelda: Breath of the Wild is certainly a must play game. So what are you waiting for? Grab your wallet! Head to the closest game store and get a game, so you can start playing!