• March 20First home track meet is May 3rd.

Filed under Staff

Meet Mr. Tuckness A Man of Science

Introducing to the Gordon Russell community, our new man of science, Mr. Tuckness. He thinks of the future, but he lives in the moment. Environmental science is one of his favorite subjects because he is interested in people and how they interact with the environmental world.  Even in college, he knew he wanted to have an impact on the world while working with others. These beliefs lead him to be a teacher of science.  His journey brought him to GRMS where he became part of our awesome 6th grade Explorer’s. Mr. Tuckness knows that science is important and that students learn best when they are hands on with their learning.

When Mr. Tuckness is not at school, a normal relaxation day looks like this for him…he starts his day out with a huge breakfast. Putting on one of his many sets of Crocs (He has at least 10 pairs.  That’s right people, he has at least TEN PAIRS) and goes out to his garden.  His collection of Crocs began with one comfy pair and so his collection began. Wearing his comfy shoes, he also enjoys a nice walk in the neighborhood.

When inside, he appreciates a good movie or tv show.  Some things that tickle his funny bone are movies likes “Dumb and Dumber.”  Don’t forget an action packed drama like the “Karate Kid” which ranks as one of his favorite movies.  Another type of genre that Mr. Tuckness likes is the alien mysteries of the X Files Series.

As far as music goes, he likes the tunes produced by the Dave Mathews Band.  His love of  music started early.  Mr. Tuckness was quite the music man in grade school, all the way through to high school. He was in a marching band and in his school band as well.

Other facts you might not know about Mr. Tuckness is he’s an outdoors man and family is really important to him. He goes on family campouts with his parents, brothers and sisters, and nieces every summer.  They also like to enjoy meals together on holidays.  When he’s near the ocean occasionally, he will dig for clams or go fishing.  Being part of the outdoors, he used to run for miles and miles as a marathon runner.  He and his family have pretty similar interests, so fishing with his dad happens quite a bit.  He also go for hikes with his girlfriend and out to dinner with friends.  Because his family is a state away, friends are almost like family to him!

As you can see, Mr. Tuckness has a variety of interests.  He is a well rounded individual and has a lot to offer our school. Welcome to Thunderbird Territory Mr. Tuckness!